Churchbridge Community Cemetery
The first meeting in regards to a cemetery for Churchbridge was held on May 22, 1905. Parishioners of the Church of England present at this meeting were: Henry Roberts, James Heasman, E.D. Kensington, N.N. Woolley, W.H. Minhinnick, L. Kromrey, L. Bentley, Ches Everett, M. Everett, W.H. Adams, E.R. Lewarton, A.E. Lewarton, E.A. Brears, A.S. Loptson, Rev. Mr. Leach, and the Bishop of Qu’Appelle.
It was by H. Roberts that a plot of five acres on the east side of section 17 in which Churchbridge was situated, (being a free gift from the Manitoba Northwestern Railway Co., through the agent Mr. Eden, to the early colonists) was to be set aside as a burial ground. The first burial took place in 1887.
The cemetery is well taken care of by the Town of Churchbridge and it is still used for burial by all churches in Churchbridge.
Finding the Cemetery
The cemetery is located at the east end of the town of Churchbridge, between Vincent Avenue and Highway 16. The entrance gate is on the Vincent Avenue side of the cemetery.
The map below is a screenshot that shows directions to the cemetery. To view the interactive map, click here.