The Tabor Cemetery is named after a town in Czechoslovakia Republic. John Bubnik donated land on the NE corner of SE 6-21-31 for the first burial in 1903. Burials took place on the homesteads before then as settlers arrived in 1886.
This cemetery became very famous during the 1930's as a mysterious light was seen in the vicinity. The story even hit the TV national news in 1974. It is believed that swamp gases may have caused the light. The cemetery is still used for burials and is well taken care of.
Finding the Cemetery
From the town of Churchbridge, drive 8 miles south on Highway 80. The cemetery is on the west side of the highway.
The map below is a screenshot that shows directions to the cemetery. To view the interactive map, click here.