Spanish Flu Cemetery
This cemetery was started in 1918 on the NW corner of SW 29-21-32. Four graves with tombstones were in a two-acre page wire fence.
The reason this cemetery was started was to prevent the Spanish flu from spreading.
The tombstones were bulldozed on a pile and buried. The land is under cultivation and there is no sign of graves and no one knows whose names were on the tombstones.
Finding the Cemetery
GPS: 50.835091, -101.904597 (approximate)
From the town of Churchbridge, drive 4 miles south on Highway 80. The cemetery is on the east side of the road. Efforts to maintain signage to mark the existence of this cemetery have proven difficult, as the sign keeps being removed.
The map below is a screenshot that shows directions to the cemetery. To view the interactive map, click here.